It is our pleasure to announce that the Seventh EMPHNET Regional Conference will be held between November 14 and 18, 2021. To accommodate for the current epidemiological situation affecting both the region and the world at large and to ensure that the conference sessions will be accessible to the region’s public health community and beyond, we are excited to announce that this edition of our bi-annual event will be held in a hybrid manner.
With EMPHNET mandated to contribute to “better health for people in the EMR”, the conference sessions will provide valuable opportunities for knowledge exchange and the exploration of means to realizing better health outcomes for the people of the region. The conference will also offer a platform to showcase the scientifically grounded work of Field Epidemiology Training Program (FETP) residents and graduates, as well as other public health professionals who have chosen to share their achievements, research findings, field investigations, and other approaches within a wide participation base. More specifically, the conference will be achieving the following objectives:
- Engage public health experts and national, regional, and international entities in a discussion of public health challenges and their contribution to the SDGs.
- Facilitate experience exchange and knowledge sharing among public health professionals and entities to encourage regional coordination.
- Analyze, demonstrate, and share local, regional and global public health lessons and expertise.
- Assess efficiency in the translation of evidence-based science into action.
- Present the accomplishments of public health professionals from the region.
Within these objectives, the conference presents an agenda that includes keynote addresses, panel discussions, mini-symposiums, oral and poster presentations, roundtable meetings, and pre-conference workshops.
We gratefully acknowledge the continuous engagement of all countries in the Eastern Mediterranean Region as well as the support and commitment of our partners in making this conference a true beacon of success. We look forward to sharing with you more details about the conference in the near future, but for now we invite you all to mark your calendars and save the date.