We are pleased to announce that registration is now open for EMPHNET COVID-19 Operational Research Symposium which will be held virtually via Zoom, on Wednesday, April 7 and Thursday, April 8, 2021 between 3 and 6 pm, Jordan Local Time.
This symposium recognizes the research conducted by Field Epidemiology Training Programs (FETPs) as well as other public health professionals who contribute to their countries’ pandemic response efforts. It also creates an opportunity for dialogue that could enhance the COVID-19 operational research in the region. The theme of the symposium is “COVID-19 in the Eastern Mediterranean Region: Epidemiology, Impact, and Lessons Learned.” Within this theme, its sessions will offer an ideal space for FETP affiliates as well as public health professionals from the Eastern Mediterranean Region (EMR) to exchange knowledge acquired by research and experience.
The Symposium will be a valuable opportunity for knowledge sharing regarding COVID-19 response and actions. It also offers a platform for participants to share their achievements, research findings, methodology and any setbacks they encountered along the way.
Topics tackled during the Symposium include:
- Epidemiology of COVID-19
- COVID-19 surveillance and case tracing
- Interventions at national and subnational levels
- Work of Rapid Response Teams
- Case studies on COVID-19
- Success stories and lessons learned
- Impact of COVID-19 on Non-communicable diseases
- Impact of COVID-19 on other Communicable diseases including VPDs
- Health promotion during COVID-19 pandemic
- Impact of COVID-19 on primary healthcare services
- Impact of COVID-19 on health workforce
You can read more about the symposium on http://symposium.emphnet.net/