Announcing the Eighth Webinar in EMPHNET WEBi Series
EMPHNET is announcing the launch of the Eighth webinar in its WEBi Series titled “Event-based Surveillance in the Eastern Mediterranean Region: Progress and Best Practices” which we will be hosting on Tuesday, October 27, 2020, from 17:00 to 18:30 Jordan Local Time (UTC+3).
This webinar, led by a panel of experts and held in collaboration with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (US CDC) and the World Health Organization Regional Office for the Eastern Mediterranean (WHO EMRO), provides an overview of Event-Based Surveillance (EBS) activities currently being implemented in the Eastern Mediterranean Region (EMR). It grants an opportunity for countries’ public health professionals to learn from the experiences of others while gaining a basic understanding of the regional current landscape of Event-Based Surveillance (EBS) and COVID-19 surveillance.
The webinar session will focus on:
• Providing an overview of EBS activities implemented in the EMR countries.
• Highlighting the opportunity for countries to learn from the EBS experiences of others in the region.
• Gaining a basic understanding of current capacities in the region, especially in regard to COVID-19 surveillance.
Participating experts include:
• Dr. Pierre Nabeth, Program Area Manager, Health Emergency Information and Risk Assessment (HIM), WHO Health Emergencies Program (WHE).
• Ms. Sharifa Merali, Epidemiologist, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (US CDC).
• Dr. Mohamed Al-Faqeh, National Surveillance and Rapid Response Teams’ Focal Point, NCDC Libya.
• Dr. Muntasir Mohammed Osman, Deputy of Health Emergencies and Epidemic Control Directorate, Federal Ministry of Health, Sudan.
The session will be facilitated by Dr. Arunmozhi Balajee, Associate Director for Global Health Sciences, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (US CDC), and Dr. Mahmoud Kayed, MD, Public Health Specialist, and Public Health Emergency Management Center (PHEMC) Team Leader at GHD|EMPHNET.
To attend this webinar and register please Click Here
We look forward to having you join us.