Announcing the Third Webinar in EMPHNET WEBi Series
EMPHNET is announcing the launch of the third webinar in its WEBi Series titled “COVID-19: An Opportunity for More Equitable Health Systems”. The webinar will be held on Tuesday, July 14, 2020 from 17:00 to 18:30 Jordan Local Time (UTC+3).
This webinar, led by a panel of experts, will focus on the current shift in Global focus from controlling the spread of COVID-19 towards strengthening the health systems’ preparedness to control possible new COVID-19 waves while addressing the rising pressures, the need to improve resilience, and enhancing health equity.
The webinar session will focus on:
• Exchanging knowledge and providing answers to health systems’ emergent problems due to COVID-19
• Unveiling risks and complex implications of COVID-19 on the various components of the health system
• Proposing applicable sustainable innovative solutions for more equitable health systems
• Providing a recipe to strengthen the health systems’ emergency preparedness for future pandemics
Participating experts include:
• Prof. Salman Rawaf, Chair of Public Health and Director of the WHO Collaborating Centre in the Department of Primary Care and Public Health at the Imperial College, London, United Kingdom.
• Prof. Sameen Siddiqi, Chair of the Department of Community Health Sciences, Aga Khan University, Karachi, Pakistan.
• Dr. Basem Al-Omari, Assistant Professor and Faculty Advisor, College of Medicine and Health Sciences, Khalifa University, Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates.
The session will be moderated by Dr. Musa T. Ajlouni, MPH, MA, PhD, Health Systems Consultant for WHO- EMRO and Dr. Mohannad Al Nsour, MD, MSc, PhD, Executive Director, EMPHNET.
To attend this webinar, please register Here
We look forward to having you join us.