Announcing the Fifth Webinar in EMPHNET WEBi Series
EMPHNET is announcing the launch of the fifth webinar in its WEBi Series titled “Role of FETPs and RRTs as First Line Responders During COVID-19 Pandemic”. The webinar will be held on Tuesday, August 25, 2020 from 17:00 to 18:40 Jordan Local Time (UTC+3).
This webinar, led by a panel of experts, will shed light on the different roles of Field Epidemiology Training Programs’ graduates (FETPs’) and Rapid Response Teams (RRTs) as first line responders during the COVID-19 pandemic. Discussions will focus on their impact in strengthening their country’s health system to detect, notify, report, and respond to events that threaten national and international health.
The webinar session will focus on:
• Highlighting the various activities undertaken by FETPs and RRTs during COVID-19 response.
• Investigating the importance of supporting FETP and RRT graduates in the EMR.
• Identifying areas of improvement regarding bridging response gaps.
• Elaborating on the significance of data management and involvement in operational research.
• Explaining institutional setup and synergies with other public health authorities/ departments.
Participating experts include:
• Dr. Mohannad Al Nsour, Executive Director, GHD|EMPHNET
• Prof. Aamer Ikram, SI(M), Executive Director/Clinical Director FELTP, National Institute of Health, Islamabad- Pakistan
• Prof. Nissaf Bou Afif, General Director of the National Observatory of New and Emerging Diseases; FETP Director – Tunisia
The session will be moderated by Dr. Faris Lami, Associate Professor at Baghdad University; FETP Resident Advisor – Iraq and Ms. Heather Burke, CDC Regional Director for the Middle East and North Africa (MENA).
To attend this webinar, please register Here
We look forward to having you join us.