Announcing the Fourth Webinar in EMPHNET WEBi Series
EMPHNET is announcing the launch of the fourth webinar in its WEBi Series titled “COVID-19 Public Hesitancy and Provider Reluctance, Impact on Immunization Services and Mitigation Measures.” The webinar will be held on Tuesday, August 11, 2020 from 17:00 to 18:30, Jordan Local Time (UTC+3).
This webinar sheds light on the fact that although vaccination remains a well-accepted social norm worldwide, many factors affect its uptake. These factors go beyond the system element and extend to the social and behavioral aspects. The COVID-19 pandemic has added new dimensions that need to be examined from its perspective, ranging from public vaccine hesitancy, to providers’ behavior and system disruption. Thus, the session explored the need to highlight the factors influencing vaccination uptake. The webinar is held in collaboration with US CDC, and its discussions will be led by a panel of experts.
The webinar session will focus on
- Shedding light on the main determinants of current challenges affecting demand for immunization.
- Discussing appropriate strategies for regaining population trust and confidence in the immunization programs.
- Proposing applicable, sustainable, and innovative solutions to maintain and improve HCWs commitment
Participating experts include
- Dr. Neetu Abad, Behavioral Scientist in the Global Immunization Division at US CDC
- Dr. Daniel Ngemera, Senior Immunization Specialist UNICEF, Middle East and North Africa Regional Office
- Dr. Kamel Abusal, National EPI Manager, Jordan
The session will be moderated by Ms. Elisabeth Wilhelm, Health Communications Specialist in the Global Immunization Division, US CDC, and Dr. Magid Al-Gunaid, Public Health Program Director at GHD/EMPHNET.
To attend this webinar, please register Here.
We look forward to having you join us.