Announcing the Sixth Webinar in EMPHNET WEBi Series
EMPHNET is announcing the launch of the sixth webinar in its WEBi Series titled “Impact of COVID-19 on Polio Eradication, and Other VPDs’ Elimination and Control Efforts” which we will be hosting on Tuesday, September 15, 2020 from 17:00 to 18:30 Jordan Local Time (UTC+3).
This webinar, led by a panel of experts and held in collaboration with US CDC, provides a convening platform of expertise at the global, regional, and country levels for knowledge exchange towards addressing the impact of COVID-19 on Polio Eradication and other VPDs elimination and control efforts. The session will be of interest to national and sub-national EPI managers in the region, surveillance officers and focal points in ministries, public health professionals, pediatrics associations, FETP (residents & graduates), WHO, UNICEF, CDC, EPI; NITAGs, Media and non-governmental organizations, alongside other interested parties.
The webinar session will focus on:
• Highlighting the impact of COVID-19 on the VPDs with the focus on polio eradication and other VPDs elimination/control.
• Identifying the main challenges of immunization at the global, regional, and country levels in the context of COVID-19.
• Discussing appropriate strategies to revitalize and scale up the immunization programs during the COVID-19 Pandemic.
• Proposing applicable, sustainable, and innovative solutions toward polio eradication and other VPD eliminations.
Participating experts include:
• Dr. Hamid Jafari, Director, Polio Eradication, WHO EMRO
• Dr. Jeffrey McFarland, Measles Elimination Team Lead, DDPHSIS/CGH/GID, US CDC
• Dr. Ezzeddine Mohsni, Public Health Expert, Member of SAGE
• Dr. Mawahib Jubarah, Sudan National EPI Manager
The session will be facilitated by Prof. Hyam Nicola Bashour, Public Health Expert, Chair of WHO EMRO Regional Verification Commission for Measles and Rubella Elimination.
To attend this webinar, and register Click Here
We look forward to having you join us.